1. Twin Valley School District –Twin Valley School district is centered in Elverson, Pennsylvania. It comprises five schools, all within half an hour’s driving distance of each other. This district is located in Chester and Berks County.
- Twin Valley Elementary Center
- Robeson Elementary Center
- Honey Brook Elementary Center
- Twin Valley Middle School
- Twin Valley High School
Visit the Official Website here.
2. Township Information
3. About Elverson–Elverson is a borough in Chester County, Pennsylvania. The population was 1,225 at the 2010 census. Settled near the region’s early iron mines, Elverson is close to Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site, an example of a 19th-century “iron plantation”.
The Borough of Elverson was officially incorporated on April 17, 1911, from land annexed from West Nantmeal Township, and it remained the commercial center of northwestern Chester County through the first half of the 20th century. In 1953 the borough annexed additional land, resulting in its current size of about one square mile.
Elverson’s building styles follow the periods of its commercial growth and range from early 19th century stone or log buildings to post-railroad Queen Anne structures and 20th century craftsman and Foursquare-style houses. Commercial and residential development since the 1950s has occurred largely on the outskirts of the borough’s historic center. The Wilmington and Northern Railroad line, later incorporated into the Reading Railroad system, was abandoned and removed in 1983.
4. About Chester County – Chester County, Philadelphia, and Bucks were the three original Pennsylvania counties created by William Penn in 1682. At that time, Chester County’s borders were Philadelphia County to the north, the Susquehanna River to the west, the Delaware River to the east, and Delaware and Maryland to the south.
The fourth county in the state, Lancaster County, was formed from Chester County on May 10, 1729. On March 11, 1752 Berks County was formed from the northern section of Chester County, as well as parts of Lancaster and Philadelphia Counties.
The original Chester County seat was the naval shipbuilding city of Chester. However, it became part of Delaware County when it was formed from the eastern portion of the Chester County on September 26, 1789. This took the county seat out of Chester County, so West Chester became the new county seat that year, and has remained so to the present.The former Valley Forge Army Hospital, constructed during World War II, was one of the largest military hospitals in the United States.